Wednesday, November 09, 2011

KT Tunstall @ The Union Chapel, voice of an angel

Hiya folks,


I guess the purpose of this blog is to advertise upcoming events, rather than the ones that have already taken place. Instead, I figured that since I was told of this event only last minute, I would write about it anyway. Last night I attended a KT Tunstall concert at the Union Chapel, Upper Street Islington, London. Lit'ally across the street from my apartment.


She was amazing. Breathtaking. Moving. Her voice is powerful and soft. And the venue was great as well. The Union Chapel is a proper two-storey church, the quality of the sound was excellent and the atmosphere was even more so. She can juggle her voice, the piano, the guitar, pedals, all at once. And her a cappella rendition was spectacular. With no flaws. I have to say, I had not heard of KT Tunstall in a long time, I used to love 'Suddely I see' and the uber-famous 'The Black horse and the Cherry Tree', but I had never gone so far as to look her up on the Internet or look for new songs.

So last night was quite a revelation to me. She really has the voice of an angel and you might wanna consider going to one of her concerts al least once, because she is worth every penny. I'm proud to be a Royal Holloway alumni, like her!


Below, I posted a few videos. I obviously came unprepared for a proper recording session, and took videos with my iPhone. Better than not having any videos at all, but the quality is quite low. But at least you can get an idea of the atmosphere and of her beautiful voice. Enjoy!


KT Tunstall performing 'The Black Horse & the Cherry Three' with a rendition of 'Seven nation army' towards the end. Awesome!

KT Tunstall performing 'Shanty of the whale' a cappella.




3 comments:

  1. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    u can contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. CIAOOOO MIRTHILLAAAA!!! Mi hai invitato e io sono corsa subito! Mannaggia la pupazza però io e l'inglese non ci capiamo :-S mi tocca usare il traduttoreeeee! Ma che cuoca esperta!!! Sono su vegan blog da pochissimo :-D son li che armeggio con le sperientazioni vegane!! Rispetto al post (di marzo) del commento ho compiuto un ulteriore passo ora sono vegana al 98% non compro più latticini ne uova e non li cucino ovviamente.. mi manca da smaltire solo un barattolo di miele che c'è ed è uno spreco buttarlo. Che figata vivi a Londra WOW! Ancora non ci sono stata!! Per quanto riguarda i prodotti per la pulizia naturale fai bene anche ad usare prodotti ecologici... uno arriva dove può.. l'autoproduzione è una bellissima cosa ma non sempre è fattibile.. ad esempio io ho provato sia a fare il sapone per la lavatrice sia quello per i piatti ma non sono rimasta completamente soddisfatta.. e per ora non li sto usando.. una cosa che mi ferma dal comprare prodotti eco è proprio il prezzo ESAGERATO altrimenti vanno benissimo. Sicuramente l'ammorbidente eco non fa male come quello tradizionale per quanto riguarda noi.. ho provato a fare senza e mi sono trovata benissimo! L'unica cosa forse sono gli asciugamani un pò carta vetrata ma questa loro non morbidezza perfetta è utile in caso di scrub al viso (non ho bisogno di andare dall'estetista a fare la maschera purificante :-D ) PROVA E VEDI COME TI TROVI ;-)
    Anch'io sono stata prolissa perchè come hai ben detto tu.. è sempre bello trovare qualcuno con gli stessi interessi! Ti metto nella mia lista blog da seguire.. baciiii! a presto!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MA QUESTO BLOGGINO E' PROPRIO NUOVOOOO!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete